Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
Thiccly GrowPole™ 2.0 Pro - Clear MEDIUM 40cm [from $11 each]
Singles $11.90 each or get a 3 pack for $11 each & save :)
Strong, crystal clear and extendable, this is the original height in the Thiccly GrowPoles, but in the new 2.0 Pro model in clear. Measures 40cms tall x 6.5cms wide, for all your small to medium indoor plants that love to climb. Easy to extend later to keep growing up, and extra-stable even in smaller pots thanks to the new soil anchors (which also double as pole locks for securely extending later).
What's new in the 2.0 Pro?
- Now with thicker plastic. Still light enough for small pots, yet surprisingly rigid and strong, the new 2.0 Pro uses thicker, 0.4mm recyclable PET plastic for reusable, stronger support even when extended. Measures 40cm tall x 6.5cms wide assembled.
- Redesigned root holes. Longer, larger, rectangular root holes make it easier to remove roots later if you want to upgrade your pole rather than extend.
- New soil anchors. No more leaning, tipping grow poles. The pop-out soil anchors keep your GrowPole firmly in place.
- Extendable + new pole locks. The soil anchors (at the bottom) and pole clips (at the top) lock together when extending your GrowPole, creating the strongest plastic poles on the market.
- Crystal clear. There's a reason the close-up photos are on a black background! So clear they're almost invisible. Fill up with your chosen substrate only as high as your plant requires and the focus stays entirely on the foliage. not the pole (note some photos show the pole in frosted plastic, however the 2.0 Pro are clear).
How to assemble your GrowPole 2.0 Pro
1. Front: Bend along the fold lines, either side of the front mesh panel.
1a. Substrate: Add your chosen substrate and finish assembly around the substrate, or skip this step and add the substrate last if you prefer*
2. Back: Bend the arrows, slotting them in to the back, one-by-one.
My assembly tip is to gently bend the arrows to slot them in one-by-one, not to bend the pole itself (which is more rigid than the arrows). The arrows will 'click' into place when the tabs go in (it's very satisfying once you have them all lined up!).
3. *Substrate: If you prefer, add your chosen substrate after assembly.
You can fill your pole to the top right away, or only to the height your plant needs and top it later as the plant grows. For fast growers I like to fill to the top, which also means new stem and leaf growth doesn't end up growing inside the empty pole.
How to add your GrowPole to your pot:
1. Add the soil in the bottom of the pot first, up to the level you want the pole to go down into the pot.
2. Pop out the two soil anchor tabs at the bottom of the pole and bend them so they stick out on a 90 degree angle.
3. Put your GrowPole into the pot, deep enough so the soil anchors will end up being below the top level of the soil once the pot is filled.
4. Fill the rest of the pot with soil, covering the bottom of the pole and the soil anchors.
How to extend your GrowPole:
1. Assemble your new top pole empty (you'll add the substrate at the end) and turn your top pole so the soil anchor tabs are at the bottom (the same as you would when adding it to a pot).
3. If your bottom pole is full to the top with substrate, remove a little of the substrate at the top of the bottom pole.
4. Pull the mesh at the top of bottom pole outwards slightly (so it's a convex shape, bowing outwards slightly, not concave).
5. Bend the mesh at the bottom of the new top pole, inwards slightly (so it's concave).
6. Slot the new top pole inside the bottom pole, until the soil anchor tabs and pole tabs line up.
7. Going through the front mesh, push the pole anchors outwards (use a pen if your fingers don't fit), so the tabs lock in place under the soil anchors (it sounds tricky but will be obvious when you're doing it).
8. Job done! Fill your top pole with your chosen substrate and keep growing!
What substrates can you use?
The limit is pretty much your imagination. I mainly use besgrow spagmoss or egmont magic moss in my poles, but I have some with fern fibre and some with chunky aroid mix. I've seen leca used also but haven't tried that myself yet.
What are Thiccly GrowPoles made from?
Thiccly GrowPoles are made of 100% PET plastic that's been tested for 219 toxic substances and passed both the European REACH and RoHS standards. Certified free of cadmium, lead and mercury under the American Society for Testing and Materials standards.
The mesh-front root cut-outs are removed for recycling at the factory - not sent to your place, reducing the risk of small plastics ending up in landfill or our oceans - then flatpacked with no fillers or fancy packaging, lowering the carbon footprint when being transported.
Once the substrate has been removed, GrowPoles can be recycled in NZ (recycle grade 1), the same type of plastic food and drink containers are made of and rated easy to recycle.
I love Thiccly poles, super easy to assemble and I love how clear they are. My plants love rooting and climbing up these and vines are easy to clip to the pole.
Works well..good that you can buy more and extend it. Pretty much invisible when the plant grown over it.
First experience with moss poles, definitely beginner friendly. Easy to shape, easy to fill, they look good. Larger than I expected for a medium but that’s fine :) I’m set to buy some “small” ones next. Awesome handy instructions from Anna on here, easy to follow, if it wasn’t for such user friendly instructions I honestly would have been too nervous to purchase these (3pack)
Yet to see root growth but I haven’t had them set up long yet so impatiently waiting :)
Shipping and Delivery FAQ's
Shipping is FREE for all orders over $99. For orders under $99: Auckland Standard $5, signature required is $7 or rural is $9. The rest of the North Island and the South Island: Standard $7, signature required is $9, or rural is $11. Plants and fragile or oversize products have their own rates (worked out in the cart based on your order).
IN STOCK, READY TO SHIP
Stock levels are live. Everything showing in stock online, is in stock right here, right now, in Auckland NZ, ready to ship. No drop shipping from other countries. No delays.
SHIPPING EVERY DAY
Orders ship every week-day, Monday to Friday. Orders placed before 7pm Monday to Thursday leave the next morning. Zoom zoom! Fri, Sat & Sun orders leave Monday (or the next working day).
Normal delivery is 1 to 2 working days. Rural and some regions can take a day or 2 longer, depending on where you're based (I'm based in Auckland).
"Anna was brilliant. Order placed and sent the next day. Received in awesome packaging. Couldn’t ask for more... will definitely use you again and again and again. Highly recommend." Scott Guthrie
"I can’t recommend love that leaf highly enough. I’ve bought a couple of times so far and on both occasions Anna has been more helpful than I could possibly wish for. 5 stars! Don’t hesitate to order from Love That Leaf. Excellent service and super fast delivery." Rob Gordon
Why choose to buy from Love That Leaf?
YOU'RE SUPPORTING LOCAL
When you buy from me you're supporting a local, small, family business. Love That Leaf is a registered NZ business, based in Auckland.
IN STOCK NOW + NEXT DAY DISPATCH
You'll also get your goodies super fast. Everything showing in stock on the website is right here, in stock, ready to ship to you. I ship daily, Monday to Friday. Your order will be normally be on the courier the same or next working day. Zoom zoom!
I'LL PUT IT RIGHT + CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT
I stand by everything I sell and will always help put right anything that goes wrong. When you choose to buy from a registered NZ business (like me), you're also covered by the Consumer Guarantees Act, unlike overseas purchases or private sales, where you can end up stuck with no rights if anything arrives damaged or stops working.
I won't go AWOL on you. I'm here for support and advice anytime, even if you haven't bought from me yet. A lot of lovely people helped me along my plant journey, and I want to pay it forward. Please don't hesitate to ask for help. No obligation at all to purchase.
"Super impressed with this business. Something that is lost nowadays, is customer service. This however is not the case with Anna from Love that Leaf. Very happy with my purchase, very happy with the product information provided and very happy with the quick shipping and great packaging. Thanks!" Melayna Anderson
"By far the best customer care I've had in a long time. Website is such a wealth of information and the email with instructions for use after my purchase was fantastic. The pipette for measuring the correct amount was such a great inclusion, and the personalised message on the package was very cool. Definitely my go to shop for plant supplies now. Thanks Love That Leaf! A+++" Karyn Wilson